VCU Health System's Bone Marrow Transplant Department is seeking a full time Nurse Manager. The focus of the position is to ensure that excellent patient care is provided by a nursing staff of sufficient number and competency to meet patient needs. Care is delivered in an environment that is healthy, healing and respectful to all patients, visitors and staff. To provide quality customer service to patients of all ages, their families, visitors, medical staff, clinicians and co-workers, ensuring that everyone will be treated courteously, quickly and with respect.
All day-to-day operations of the unit. To establish and maintain an environmental control plan, coordinate materials management for the department, assist in monitoring clinic activities.
- Current RN licensure in Virginia or eligible
- AHA BLS Certification or equivalent
- 5 years of relevant clinical experience with 2 of those years of progressive leadership and/or supervisory/management experience
- Masters degree in Nursing or a related field or within one semester of completion. If the Master's degree is not in nursing then it is required to have a BSN from an accredited school. **unless grandfathered under previous requirements
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited program
- Certification in specialty area
At VCU Health System, our most important assets are not bricks and mortar; they are our team members … all 11,000+ of them. Our workforce is diverse, dedicated and talented. Our team members continue to earn local, regional and national awards and accolades, which is an indicator that they are happy and feel supported working here. And our culture of STAR Service focuses on our common purpose – “Our Caring Service Begins With Me.” – in the provision of the highest level of customer service, which encourages diversity and inclusion.
If you have been looking to take your career to the next level, we have been looking for you.
We offer more than 400 work/life benefits including competitive pay, generous benefits, flexible work options, prepaid tuition, on-site child and elder care and much, much more.
For a full position description and to apply visit
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. VCUHS appreciates diversity and encourages women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.